How To Clean Wood Fireplace
It s springtime and that means it s time for spring cleaning.
How to clean wood fireplace. Wear a dust mask and gloves for safety. Leave the cleaner on the fireplace for 15 minutes then scrub away all remaining stains with a cloth and warm water. Wood burning fireplaces are incredible and when properly maintained they can provide warmth and coziness during cold winter nights. Start the vacuum and begin fireplace cleaning at the top of the chimney.
Aesthetics aside cleaning the fireplace is a matter of safety. Before you clean your fireplace or woodstove glass burn 1 or 2 hot fires to loosen up the dirt and soot so it s easier to clean then let your fireplace or woodstove cool completely. Ram the cleaning brush up and down several times in a small section of the flue to remove chimney soot. Often overlooked is your wood fireplace.
Cleaning should occur annually but the process for cleaning a wood stove pipe is on a smaller scale. Rock fireplaces add a majestic natural feel to a room but owning a rock fireplace comes with its own share of unique maintenance problems not least of which is cleaning the accumulated soot and grime. First consult your owner s manual. Now this is not chimney cleaning.
Clean ash from the fireplace whenever it reaches the bottom of the grate where it can impede airflow an inch of ash in the fireplace will actually make it easier to maintain a fire. Why should i clean the chimney of my wood burning fireplace. When you re ready to clean your glass put some fine white ashes from your fireplace or woodstove into a bowl with enough water to make a paste. That needs to be left to the professionals.
Is cleaning a fireplace chimney the same as cleaning a wood stove chimney. This simple 5 step process is a quick and easy way to ensure that your glass is clean without the need to purchase specialty cleaning supplies. However when left neglected they can build up soot and create a potential disaster. Use a bright flashlight to check your work before moving on to the next section.
The best way to clean glass on a wood fireplace is using newspaper and a little bit of ash this little trick will quickly cut through the buildup on the inside of your wood fireplace. But spring cleaning your wood burning fireplace is not only easy but will give you the satisfaction of knowing that even the dirtiest place in your home is spotless. The national fire protection association recommends both your chimney and fireplace be inspected for soundness and cleaned annually.
- How To Work A Gas Fireplace
- Havertys Fireplace Tv Stand
- Hotel Rooms With Fireplace In Pigeon Forge
- Hotels With Jacuzzi And Fireplace In Room
- How To Install Gas Logs In A Fireplace Insert
- Long Island Fireplace
- How To Clean A Brick Fireplace With Scrubbing Bubbles
- Lowes Fireplace Log Grate
- Hocking Hills Cabins With Fireplace
- Living Room Ideas With Corner Fireplace
- Great World Electric Fireplace Customer Service
- Gas Fireplace Service Fort Collins
- Heatilator Fireplace Troubleshooting
- Home Decorators Collection 42 In Infrared Wall Mount Electric Fireplace
- Greatco Electric Fireplace Insert 29
- Gas Fireplace Service Utah
- Krish Wall Mounted Electric Fireplace
- Lighting Pilot Light On Gas Fireplace
- Georgetown Fireplace And Patio
- Gas Fireplace Troubleshooting