How To Remove A Fireplace Mantel
You can use a rubber mallet or chisel to help pry a fireplace surround or mantel away from the wall if required.
How to remove a fireplace mantel. Therefore proceed slowly to avoid cracking or damaging the bricks or wall to which the mantel is attached. If not check the mantel real carefully cause this is usually the last piece added on remove it first. Removing any screws or nails will help a fireplace surround or mantel to come away from the wall more easily. If you approach removing your fireplace surround like an ordinary demolition job you ll needlessly damage the surrounding walls.
Slip a small pry bar between the trim and a brick wall to pry it away from the wall and expose the back of the mantel. Knockdown mantels are connected to the wall with screws or bolts. If you re remodeling and choose to swap one for the other or just need to update either type can be removed using ordinary hand tools. The fireplace is often a focal point of the room drawing attention to the items displayed on the mantel.
If the style of your fireplace mantel no longer appeals to you then you can remove it. If you re ready to change the look of your room removing the mantel can create a new look. I ve explained how to remove a fireplace surround or mantel in more detail below. If work strategically however and use the minimum amount of force required to remove the fireplace surround you can get it done without damaging the walls.
The knockdown mantel or surround is supported by columns on both sides. Using a pry bar or crowbar gently pry the mantel from the bricks or wall behind it. A mantel is a decorative shelf above a fireplace. Over time mantels can incur damage making removal necessary.
If need be get a pry bar and put a piece of wood against the wall to prevent damage. The mantel could be on anchor bolts so once the paint is free you should be able to pry it loose. Remove any decorative trim around the outside edges of the mantel. A full mantel surrounds the fireplace on two sides and has an attached shelf across the top.
Shelf mantels are connected to the wall by corbel braces masonry or both.
- Havertys Fireplace Tv Stand
- Lauderhill Wall Mounted Electric Fireplace
- Lennox Gas Fireplace Manual
- Gas Fireplace Smells Like Kerosene
- Gray Painted Fireplace
- How To Remove A Fireplace Mantel
- How To Clean A Brick Fireplace With Scrubbing Bubbles
- Heatilator Gas Fireplace Manual
- German Schmear Stone Fireplace
- Gas Fireplace Repair Wake Forest Nc
- Gas Fireplace Service Fort Collins
- Grove Park Inn Fireplace
- Inexpensive Fireplace Remodel
- Heatilator Gas Fireplace Service Near Me
- Hotels With Jacuzzi In Room And Fireplace
- How To Clean A Fireplace Insert
- How To Remove Brick Fireplace
- Home Depot Electric Fireplace
- How To Install Gas Logs In A Fireplace Insert
- Home Depot Gas Fireplace