How To Whitewash A Dated Brick Fireplace
While the whitewashed brick was a vast improvement from the dated orange brick within a year or so i began to dislike the whitewash effect which left some of the brick slightly exposed.
How to whitewash a dated brick fireplace. To whitewash your brick fireplace you ll first need to create a whitewash mixture. All you need to do is mix water and paint together. You ll want to inspect your mortar and make sure there are no gaps or cracks. The first thing you need to do is to prepare your fireplace for whitewashing.
7 steps how to whitewash a brick fireplace. Whitewash brick lighten and brighten surfaces in your living spaces with this easy to master painting technique that mutes the dark tones of red brick walls or fireplaces. A brick fireplace is a gorgeous focal point for any home but the dark natural brick look can be really outdated. In my obsessive compulsive brain.
How to whitewash a dated brick fireplace supplies. Many people choose to paint the brick a solid color. This diy fireplace makeover is easy cheap and doesn t require any more than a beginner skill level. You just need to wipe its surface with a damp rag to get rid of dust.
Last week i posted some fireplace makeovers that may inspire you to throw or rather brush some paint over your fireplace bricks to give the room a nice clean look. Whitewash will give this old brick fireplace an aged and textured look while keeping the color bright. Our first step is surface prep. This allows your paint to thin down and create that whitewashed look.
Take a look at the before photo of our fireplace below. My fireplace after whitewashing the brick. If your brick fireplace is already painted then we ll show you a different way to get a similar look later in the article. Are you looking for a tutorial on how to whitewash your dated brick fireplace.
How to whitewash a dated brick fireplace. White or cream latex paint i used sherwin williams because it s what i had on hand if i d bought a quart of white latex that would have been more than enough to do the whole fireplace. To whitewash a brick fireplace there are a few options for the paint. If your fireplace has any stains on its outside make sure to remove or at least make them less noticeable as well.
And some of you are probably scared to do that.
- Heat And Glo Fireplace Troubleshooting
- How To Update A 1960s Stone Fireplace
- Krings Stove And Fireplace
- Gray Painted Fireplace
- How Much Does It Cost To Run An Electric Fireplace
- Hotels With Fireplace And Jacuzzi
- Lennox Gas Fireplace Manual
- Highland 50 In Faux Stone Mantel Electric Fireplace In Gray
- Heat And Glo Fireplace Review
- Hotels With Jacuzzi And Fireplace In Room
- How To Remove Brick Fireplace
- How To Remove A Fireplace Surround
- Gas Fireplace Reviews
- Lowes Fireplace Log Grate
- How To Mount Tv On Wall Above Fireplace
- Joanna Gaines Fireplace Makeovers
- Gas Fireplace Troubleshooting
- Havertys Fireplace Tv Stand
- Lehrer Fireplace And Patio
- Inexpensive Fireplace Remodel